Wireless Door Alarm with Dual Bypass Switches
The Safety Turtle wireless door alarm monitors door [and window] accesses to a backyard pool. Alarming at the Base Station occurs if the child opens a door or if a door remains open more than 11 seconds after the adult releases the bypass switch.
The wireless door alarm and wireless gate alarm sensors are identical, except the wireless door alarm only includes a tethered secondary bypass switch [resembling a door bell] mounted on the pool side of the door.
A standard wireless door alarm consists of:
- One or more Door Alarm Sensors of the same color
- A "baby Turtle" coding plug for Base Station
- A Standard Base Station
- A door alarm sensor can be installed by a home owner on a wood or aluminum door or window frame. Installation includes mounting a doorbell type bypass switch outside. Small wires connect it to the sensor mounted inside, curling around the door frame without interfering with its opening and closing.
The Wireless Door Alarm provides all the features of the Wireless Gate Alarm, including instantaneous alarming when a child opens the door, without false alarming when an adult enters from either side.
Immersion Alarm, Wireless Gate Alarm and Wireless Door Alarm sensors of the same color can share the same Base Station.
|Safety Turtle is not a substitute for diligent supervision or an adequate barrier to restrict the access of children to water hazards.
The following accessories are available. Click to obtain additional information.
- Turtle Power battery pack and weatherproof carrying bag for Base Station lets you temporarily locate Base Station outside without AC power. Battery pack can be connected as uninterrupted power supply [UPS] so Base Station works through 9 hour power outage.
- Cigarette Lighter Adaptor powers Base Station from 12V battery.
Do I Need Commercial/Extended Range System?
A Standard System will meet most applications. However, if one or more of the following apply, a Commercial/Extended Range System is or may be required.
See Commercial/Extended Range System for more information.
- Desired alarm location is more than 250 ft. [75 m.] from the gate.
- Alarm must be louder than 110 decibels, to be heard throughout the residence or outside.
- The alarm must be communicated electronically, e.g., to home alarm, strobe light indicator, etc.