Child Immersion Alarm
A last layer of protection for children near water
Safety Turtle provides continuous protection to the wearer. This continuous protection compares to water disturbance pool alarms which are deactivated (and reactivated) by whoever uses or cleans the pool or spa. This distinction is vital because toddler accidents often occur when a pool or spa area is left unsecured or when adults are in attendance. See Video on the use of the Child Immersion Alarm
(Apple Quicktime, approximately 10 megabytes).
A Safety Turtle personal alarm can also accompany a child on vacation or on visits to a boat, cottage or another pool, where unfamiliar surroundings and less security add risk.
A standard child immersion alarm system consists of:
- One or more Turtle Wristbands of the same color including a 7.8 inch (20 cm.) locking wristband, key and matching “baby Turtle” coding plug for Base Station
- A Standard Base Station
Unique features in the design of Safety Turtle address your water safety concerns and make it easy to use with your child(ren):
- Safety Turtle works with ALL Water, natural [lake, river and pond] or man made [pool, hot tub and pond].
- No installation required.
- Quick set up and test.
- A loud alarm instantly sounds at the Base Station when the Turtle is immersed in water. The alarm continues to sound until it is reset.
- Rain or light spray won't trigger the alarm.
- Children enjoy wearing the colorful Turtle Wristbands.
- The Turtle Wristband locks securely around a child's wrist, using the key provided.
- The Turtle is permanently sealed and rugged to withstand children's play.
- The Turtle has a battery life of 3 – 4 years
- A child wearing his/her Turtle is protected even while the pool is in use or is being cleaned. There is no need to ever “turn off” the system.
- No installation at the pool is required.
- Safety Turtle is easily portable, and with the Turtle Power battery pack / weatherproof bag accessory, can be used anywhere.
- The alarm volume can be reduced temporarily for testing.
- The Turtle(s) can be tested for low battery.
- The Safety Turtle system can be progressively expanded through the purchase of additional sensors(s) of the same color.
- The Turtle helps you teach your child water safety.
- By using different colors of Turtle, neighbors can enjoy the benefits of Safety Turtle without triggering each other's alarms.
- Unlike other pool alarms, Safety Turtle can alert if your child falls in an immediate neighbor's pool, spa or pond.
The Child Immersion Alarm may also be used in conjunction with the Wireless Gate Alarm which helps enhance the security of a safety fence. The Wireless Gate Alarm will work with the same Base Station.
|Safety Turtle is not a substitute for diligent supervision or an adequate barrier to restrict the access of children to water hazards.
Additional information is available on using your Child Immersion Alarm at pools & spas, in boating and on shorelines / coastlines.
The following accessories are available. Click to obtain additional information.
- Turtle Power battery pack and weatherproof carrying bag for Base Station make the system fully portable. Where AC power is available, battery pack can be connected as uninterrupted power supply [UPS] so Base Station works through 9 hour power outage.
- Cigarette Lighter Adaptor powers Base Station from 12V battery
- Velcro Adaptor attaches Turtle to life jacket
- Extra key
- 9.5 inch (24 cm.) fits adult size wrist